Update added by user Apr 09, 2013
Original review posted by user Apr 09, 2013
Stephen Pate seems like a nice enough guy when you first meet him. He comes across as very knowledgeable about motorcycles. He spins yarns about all the people he knows and has done big favors for, how without him they would have been in the dark. In my opinion Stephen uses people as stepping stones to his own end and that is to BS his way to their money. I think it may be the big bucks he is after. What I hear is that Stephan is taking big deposits from those unfortunate enough to have fallen for the BS. Ponsi on a smaller scale than we are used to perhaps but ponsi just the same.
I met Stephan Pate of Restoration Werks in Minnesota where I was having him work on a old 1000 Kawasaki. He found a Harris rolling chassis on Ebay and on his recommendation I purchased it. He did around $2500. of work over a two year period on it, while I had another party do the engine build.
The motor work took a lot longer than we had anticipated and Stephan moved his shop to Louisville. We agreed for him to bring the frame with him and we would sell it from there or I would pic it up. We agreed to try to find a buyer for it if we could by word of mouth or internet. I was looking to get around $6000. We had an on going conversation on face-book and talked on the phone when Stephan wasn't to busy.I got this message in Dec. Hey man. I have a guy here today that I know that is interested seriously in your Harris. He's a cash buyer and ready to go. He's offered $4k for the chassis setup and exhaust that is here. given the market on this stuff *now*, as opposed to when you bought, I think this is a very fair offer... and it's real. I could have the cash or check or whatever, today. Whattya want to do? My recommendation, in case you are interested, is to take it.
My response was to call but only could leave ok let's sell and hey what's going on voice messages.Me:6th Dec face-bookSent you a message a while back saying ok lets sell, did you get it. Is there still interest. It apparently it gets sold and I leave regular phone and face book messages, in Feb, Mar, Apr.I hear nothing from him for five months.I find a buyer for the bike and call him april 30th to let him know and to make arrangements for pic up. Stephan calls me and tells me he sold it in Nov 2011 for $4800. and would call me back to make arrangements to pay me. He has not yet done thatThis a rare British racing sport bike and matched with my engine it could bring $12,000 to $15,000 to a collector.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "My open letter to the CEO. How long are you going to ignore this? I sent you a certified letter, which has gone ignored. My family can't afford to lose..."
- "Avoid Empire-Today at all costs! I come from a unique perspective in that I worked as an Independent Sales Contractor for Empire for a year and a half. Unfortunately, I cannot..."
- "Remington Park in Houston is probably in the running for top 3 nastiest, unsanitary and dirtiest Greystar properties and they charge tenants a $27 monthly trash fee for the pleasure...."
- "They may have a great product and I believe they do. However, their call center support is absolutely useless. Too many roads to navigate to get anywhere. ..."
- "I installed my hair on Christmas and was satisfied with my purchase. Today is New Years and my hair looks like ***! It doesn't shed but the tangling is crazy...."
- "I have a pair of work boots my parents bought me for christmas. Making them less than a year old and the soles are falling apart. I usually buy timberland..."
- "Having worked for nine years and had Frontier service as long. They have Tech's that will add services to your billing and until you discover it they won't return any..."
- "Instant Bulk SMTP Instant Bulk SMTP is an outgoing email service that will allow you to send emails from your email address either you have your own software or you don’t..."
- "I ordered mats for my kitchen from a daily deal. When they came (I like the rugs. They were what I expected) they came postage due for $5.85. There was..."